Position: Technical Director
Location: Jacmel, Haiti
Length of position: Minimum one year commitment (Start Date – Immediately)
Language Requirement: Fluency in English & French (Haitian Creole strongly encouraged)
Audio Institute, a free professional music production and audio engineering school, offers Haitian youth modern opportunities through education, employment, and professional support. Audio Institute is a program of Artists for Peace and Justice in partnership with Quincy Jones and Lionel Richie’s We Are the World Foundation. The Institute trains aspiring local musicians and music technicians ages 18-35. Our objective is to provide Haiti’s talented youth with the knowledge and tools necessary to grow and modernize a local creative industry.
Gearheads wanted! Are you obsessed with state of the art equipment and cutting edge technology? Responsibilities include maintenance, management and general care of all audio equipment and instruments associated with the Audio Institute. Ideal candidate is an audiophile obsessed with technology with an extreme passion for organization and detail.
Audio Institute seeks a Technical Director to oversee the purchasing, installation, maintenance and general care of all audio equipment and instruments associated with the Audio Institute. This includes one large music studio (with SSL board) and six smaller mix/write rooms, all fully equipped recording studios. The Technical Director will also work with the Audio Institute staff to implement systems for security, inventory and equipment/instrument check in-check out.
The Technical Director will be required to have a background in Audio Engineering as well as electronic repair and should be prepared to teach classes related to studio and live audio recording and engineering.
The successful candidate will be highly organized, able to manage a small team and have a minimum 5 years experience in the field. English and French fluency required.
- General Care and Maintenance of all Audio Institute equipment and instruments. Including: SSL board, ProTools, write/mix/track equipment, Genelec monitors and associated software
- Implement systems of Inventory / Security and Maintenance for equipment and instruments.
- Devising and implementing systems of media management and storage.
- Purchasing of new equipment and updating of all equipment and computer systems.
- Mentoring, training, and guidance of students and staff to maintain all equipment.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements
- Degree in audio engineering (or similar) from accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years professional experience and additional teaching experience (preferred)
- Very experienced and knowledgeable working with and maintaining analog and digital recording systems
- Ability to be based in Jacmel, Haiti for minimum one year residency
- French and English fluency (spoken and written) – Haitian Creole preferred
- Desire to make an impact on creative industries in Haiti
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for the mission of Audio Institute
Interested Applicants Please Send CV and letter or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be sure to include your name and the position you’re applying for in the subject line and on all files submitted.