Position: Studio Manager
Location: Jacmel, Haiti
Length of position: Minimum one year commitment (Start Date – Immediately)
Language Requirement: Fluency in English & French (Haitian Creole strongly encouraged)
Audio Institute, a free professional music production and audio engineering school, offers Haitian youth modern opportunities through education, employment, and professional support. Audio Institute is a program of Artists for Peace and Justice in partnership with Quincy Jones and Lionel Richie’s We Are the World Foundation. The Institute trains aspiring local musicians and music technicians ages 18-35. Our objective is to provide Haiti’s talented youth with the knowledge and tools necessary to grow and modernize a local creative industry.
Audio Institute seeks a Studio Manager for its new state-of-the-art recording studio and technical facilities. The studio manager will oversee all aspects of the recording studio including an integrated business plan, local and international marketing, booking clients, scheduling, accounting and business development. The cornerstone of the recording studio and this position at Audio Institute will be the nurturing and mentorship of Audio Institute students and graduates to develop their business skills and enable them to capitalize off their entrepreneurial spirits and talents to create real jobs.
The studio at Audio Institute will operate both as an educational and professional facility and the studio manager will also be responsible for assisting in the implementation of music industry curriculum and developing a mixed educational/business model that gives students real-world music industry experience.
The successful candidate will be a music industry professional, who brings a creative approach to integrating the business of the studio into the Audio Institute’s academic vision. Prior experience running a studio or business and as a recording engineer, mix engineer, or producer is a must. English and French (or Haitian Creole) fluency required.
- Manage the daily operations, scheduling and budgeting of the studio facilities
- Participate in development of music industry curriculum
- Develop business model integrating profitability, real-world experience for students, community engagement and music preservation
- Marketing and outreach to potential clients locally and internationally
- Mentorship of students and graduates in studio and professional settings
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements
- Degree in music business and/or audio engineering from accredited institution
- Minimum 4 years of experience in job-related duties – experience as studio manager, producer or recording engineer
- A passion for music and the music industry – and keenly aware of latest technology and tools for recording as well as promotion and distribution of music
- Have a strong interest in all aspects of community-based music outreach
- Ability to connect with all different types of music professionals and clients
- Be an enthusiastic leader with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Belief in the mission of Audio Institute and its potential to transform lives and strengthen Haiti’s creative industries
- French and English fluency (spoken and written) – Haitian Creole preferred
Interested Applicants Please Send CV and letter or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be sure to include your name and the position you’re applying for in the subject line and on all submitted materials.