Position: Professor of Audio Engineering
Location: Jacmel, Haiti
Length of position: Minimum one school year commitment (September – June)
Language Requirement: Fluency in English & French (Haitian Creole strongly encouraged)
Audio Institute, a free professional music production and audio engineering school, offers Haitian youth modern opportunities through education, employment, and professional support. Audio Institute is a program of Artists for Peace and Justice in partnership with Quincy Jones and Lionel Richie’s We Are the World Foundation. The Institute trains aspiring local musicians and music technicians ages 18-35. Our objective is to provide Haiti’s talented youth with the knowledge and tools necessary to grow and modernize a local creative industry.
Audio Institute seeks a Professor of Audio Engineering to teach courses related to studio and live audio recording and engineering. This includes: acoustics, recording systems, listening and analysis.
This faculty member will also work with the technical department to oversee equipment installation and repairs for the campus technical facilities. Additional responsibilities for this position may include engineering recording sessions, helping with equipment purchasing and participating in further development of Audio Institute curriculum.
The successful candidate will be an effective educator passionate about the field with minimum 4 years experience in studio and live sound engineering and comfortable with the maintenance and repair of audio equipment. English and French (or Haitian Creole) fluency required.
• Teach engineering and recording systems classes
• Work with tech department on maintenance and repair of equipment
• Serve as engineer for campus studio
• Oversee student led recording sessions
• Participate in continued development of curriculum
• Mentorship and guidance of young students passionate about music production and audio engineering
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements
• Degree in audio engineering (or similar) from accredited institution
• Minimum 4 years professional experience and additional teaching experience
• Very experienced and knowledgeable working with and maintaining analog and digital recording systems
• Ability to be based in Jacmel, Haiti for one year residency
• Strong belief in the mission of Audio Institute to transform lives and strengthen creative industries in Haiti
• English and French fluency (spoken and written) – Haitian Creole preferred
Interested Applicants Please Send CV and letter or questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be sure to include your name and the position you’re applying for in the subject line and on all submitted materials.